Clinical care services
Welcome to clinical care services. All clinics associated with the HIV/AIDS Center are funded by either Part B, C or D of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act, formerly known as the Ryan White Care Act. Please read more about Part B, C and D and the services provided.
Part B provides core services at designated clinics. These core services include:
- Outpatient and ambulatory health services.
- Pharmaceutical assistance.
- Substance abuse outpatient services.
- Oral health.
- Medical nutritional therapy.
- Health insurance premium assistance.
- Home health care.
- Hospice services.
- Mental health services.
- Early intervention services.
- Medical case management, including treatment adherence services.
Part C: The TIPS Program
Expanded HIV medical and case management services available in Petersburg and south Richmond, Virginia.
- Treatment of individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- Intervention designed to reduce the risk of re-infection and transmission to others.
- Patient-centered medical care including medications, diagnostic testing and nutritional supplements.
- Services including medical and community case management, substance abuse and mental health counseling, transportation and emergency financial assistance.
The TIPS Program is a Part C recipient of the Ryan White Modernization Act administered by the VCU HIV/AIDS Center. This program provides medical and case management services at the Petersburg Health Care Alliance, the Hayes E. Willis Health Center and CrossOver Health Center. For more information, client referral or consultation, please contact the center at (804) 828-2210 or (800) 525-7605 toll free.
Part D provides universal testing of newborns for HIV/AIDS. It also supports the provision of family-centered care for women and children with HIV/AIDS, including the provision of support services such as referrals for inpatient hospital services, treatment for substance abuse, mental health services and other social services. The VCU Infectious Disease clinic receives funding for Part D.